Thank you so much for your interest in East County CERT.
2021 East County CERT Basic Training Academy
We are no longer accepting applications for our 2021 training academy. Information on future academy classes will be posted here
The course information below is provided for informational purposes.
Successfully complete the on-line portion of the course between March 1st and March 31st
(Approximately 12 hours. You will need computer and internet access. Completion of this section is required in order to move to Part 2)
Successfully complete the 16 hour skills training. (Skills training will take place on consecutive Saturdays, April 10th, 17th and 24th).
Parts 1 and 2 must be fully completed in order to become a team member. Please do not sign up for this training unless you have the time to fully complete the entire course, as space is limited.
All volunteers must meet these baseline requirements:
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Agree to and successfully pass a criminal background check (No charge to applicant, Fees paid by East County CERT)
• Attend a minimum of three bimonthly team meetings per year
• Volunteer for three public events per calendar year or actively participate on one of our subcommittees
• Completion of FEMA IS 100 & IS 200 on-line classes
• Attend the following supplemental training classes:
o Shelter Operations
o Shelter Hands On Training
Applying to the East County CERT Basic Training Academy is a simple process:
1. Complete and submit the online application (Submitting an application does not guarantee a place in the academy).
2. Attend an on-line interview (Once the application is completed you will be contacted for your interview)
Be part of our team and help your community, apply today!